These absolutely delicious Mini Prosciutto, Olive, & Fennel Pizza Bites are drizzled with honey, making them the perfect combination of savory and sweet. Enjoy these elevated appetizers at you next party – after all, everyone loves pizza!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
What is it about mini pizzas that feels so nostalgic?
I grew up on frozen pizza bagels and pepperoni pizza bites. English Muffin pizzas (Thomas English Muffins, marinara sauce, & slices of fresh mozzarella cheese) have been a comfort food staple in my life for as long as I can remember. Tiny pepperoni, crispy dough, gooey cheese – the perfect snack foods when hanging out around a television on game day.
Pizza is always an easy sell at any party, especially when accompanied with some good drinks. These Mini Prosciutto, Olive, & Fennel Pizza Bites are drizzled with honey, making them an upscale adult version of a crowd-pleasing classic. And from my experience, no one can deny miniature versions of delicious appetizers!
Mini Prosciutto, Olive & Fennel Pizza Bites
These Mini Prosciutto, Olive & Fennel Pizza Bites are full of flavor in a non-traditional way. Don’t get me wrong – I love a good New York-style pizza. But, the salty olives and fatty prosciutto, sharp fennel and sweet honey elevate the classic salty and sweet flavors of a ham and pineapple or pepperoni and onion pizza into something with a lot more class.
Even more importantly, a batch of Mini Prosciutto, Olive & Fennel Pizza Bites can be made ahead of time, cooked until mostly done, and then stored in the fridge to be reheated the next day. It cuts down on prep time the day of your get together or Super Bowl Party (something I know we can all take advantage of).
Talk about taking adulting seriously.
Homemade Pizza Dough
Use any pizza dough recipe you prefer for these Mini Prosciutto, Olive, & Fennel Pizza Bites. As long as you can roll the dough out thin and cut it into circles, it will work. A lot of amazing pizza dough recipes take a few days to come together, but I’ve had great success with Joy Wilson’s super easy pizza dough. Her recipe takes about 15 minutes to prep and only 2 hours to rest before it’s ready to roll out and bake.
Not up for making your own dough? Find some store-bought pizza dough at your local super market (or check with your local pizzeria for something even better). Either way, you’ll be sure to have something delicious.
Hosting a tiny pizza party and want more ideas? Sugar Love Spices has a lot of topping ideas for her little pizzettes, Climbing Grier Mountain has the cutest heart-shaped supreme pizzas, and Vintage Kitty has a delicious recipe for mini fig pizzas with prosciutto, caramelized onions, and arugula that would pair beautifully with these Prosciutto, Olive & Fennel Pizza Bites.
Mini Prosciutto, Olive, & Fennel Pizza Bites are sure to impress your guests at the upcoming game day party or Super Bowl bash. Enjoy this crowd favorite-turned-upscale whenever you need a delicious new appetizer any time of the year!
Mini Prosciutto, Olive, & Fennel Pizza Bites
- Pizza dough (enough for one 12-inch pie)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup fennel sliced into thin matchsticks
- ¼ pound prosciutto, torn into pieces
- ½ cup mixed Greek olives, sliced thin
- ¼ cup honey
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Flour, for dusting
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the pizza dough to 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut the dough into 3-inch rounds with a cookie cutter. Knead and re-roll the scraps of dough as needed until it is all cut into the same size rounds.
- Arrange the dough rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet about half an inch apart. Spoon 1 tablespoon marinara onto each round and spread it to the edges. Sprinkle a tablespoon of mozzarella on each, then layer 2-4 slices of fennel, 2-3 pieces of torn prosciutto, and 1-2 olive slices onto each mini pizza.
- Bake the pies for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese melts and the dough is crisp. Drizzle all of the pies with a bit of honey and serve hot.