After a rewarding but exhausting weekend with friends, I don’t have much to say today. While my knee is healing and doing much better, another chronic health issue has flared up in its stead. When I’m not visiting physical therapists, specialists, or getting lab tests lately, I’m just working on recipes as much as possible. In addition to testing out cookbooks, I’ve been working on perfecting some of my own everyday recipes, like this Spicy Shrimp Udon. It’s as delicious as it looks, promise.
I love that I can spend my time with food everyday, but I will say it was nice to get away this weekend and decompress a bit. The weather has been fabulous and it was great being outdoors. I have a tendency to put a lot of pressure on myself, and I’m a bit of a perfectionist. Coupled with health issues, it can be a bit overwhelming. Not having access to my computer and my kitchen allowed me to reset and refocus. Now I feel totally ready to get back to work (both on my health and the blog) and create some fantastic recipes to share with you over the next couple of weeks. Thank you for being along for the ride.
Until next time, the links:
- I love simple recipes, but Savuer’s 13 Hardest Recipes Because We Know You Like a Challenge speaks to the adventurer in me.
- I’d love to drink a few of these beautiful Blueberry Ginger Palomas alongside a platter of these Cider and Chili Pork Belly right about now.
- Beer Gummy Bears? Yes please.
- Miyazaki-inspired meals!
- Learn a little more about 5 Essential Dim Sum Dishes.
- I’m crazy for these Geeky Tikis – and Think Geek has Star Wars special editions!
- For all the ladies out there who love brunch as much as I do.
- In conservation news, the Tasmanian Tiger might not be extinct like they thought, which would be incredible.
- When you’re crafty and love your cats, this cactus is the perfect living room DIY piece.
- You may have seen this crazy new way to drink water going viral this month. If that’s not cool enough, the creators reveal they’re also working on how to encapsulate shots!
If you’re with me on the East Coast, get out there and enjoy spring. Cheers!