Forgive me for a lack of recipe posts last week. I’ve been a bit behind, and my standards for what I post are pretty high. I’ve been accumulating some one-shot recipe posts complete with testing and photographs though – you can look forward to some good recipes in the coming weeks. It’s just been slow going as I continue to rest up and heal. Things are looking up though, and hopefully I’ll be back to my ideal schedule by end of March. That’s my goal anyway!
Here’s a taste of what I’ve been working on:
More importantly – Did you know that this Wednesday is National Margarita Day?? I know, nearly every day is some kind of culinary celebration, so I try not to put too much stock in food holidays. It could drive a lady crazy trying to keep up with all of them. I always keep track of my favorites though, and margaritas are an excellent excuse to celebrate in our household. Thanks to some help from a visiting friend this weekend, I was able to test out a fabulous new margarita recipe to share in honor of the occasion (you can see a preview in the cover image). I’ll have that recipe posted up on Wednesday, and I can’t wait to share it with you. You can also stay tuned to the Feast In Thyme Facebook page that day for links to all sorts of delicious margaritas from around the web.
Speaking of links, here’s this week’s list of fun and interesting things:
- My grocery shopping capabilities have been limited this month, so I haven’t had the chance to pick up some organic citrus fruit and participate in this month’s Food in Jars Mastery Challenge, salt preservation. If you get the chance though, this Salt Preserved Grapefruit looks super easy to make. It’s a great twist on the standard salt preserved lemons and limes.
- The more I sit around trying to heal, the more I wish I had some of these adorable foodie plushies to keep me company (especially the Toast).
- This Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake! And speaking of chocolate, do you know the difference between natural and Dutch-process cocoa powder? I had no idea.
- With my dietary considerations, I end up making a lot of food from scratch. I’m always on the look-out for new ideas to make ahead of time, and these 10 Freezable Meals are some great inspiration.
- Have you heard of the artist Lora Zombie? I may have mentioned this previously, but I’m a bit obsessed with Blackmilk Clothing. Their latest collection incorporates her designs, and I’m just in love with her work. I especially adore this set of prints.
- It’s a bit old news apparently, but I just found out Starbucks is testing out one of my favorite desserts in select locations – Ice Cream Affogatos. If they become standard, my wallet (and waistline) might be in trouble.
- Food52 has finally announced the start of their Annual Piglet Competition! Each year they pit the top cookbooks published in the previous year against each other in a fun, tongue-in-cheek gauntlet, and I can’t wait to see the results. One my favorite 2016 cookbooks, Diana Henry’s Simple, is in the running.