This week was pretty rough in our household. I’ll spare you the details, but between my knee injury continuing to keep me off my feet and both Sam and I coming down with the flu one after the other, it hasn’t been easy. I’m still recovering, but I managed to come out of my illness haze long enough to pull together some links for you. Hope you enjoy, and have a great (and healthy) Valentine’s Day tomorrow – we can all use the excuse to spread some love.
- Speaking of the holiday, I found The Dark Origins of Valentine’s Day amusing and informative for a short read. Also, in case you missed it, I put up a Valentine’s Day Recipe Round-Up last week!
- I never heard of a Cable Car cocktail before, but now I need one.
- This lovely drink includes tequila AND kombucha.
- I’m sort of obsessed with dumplings lately (see my recent cookbook review), so I was psyched to see a month-long series of Dim Sum recipes coming out of the Lady and Pups blog. First up: these delicate Crystal Shrimp Dumplings and these scrumptious-looking Char Siu Pull-Apart Pineapple Buns – I’m a sucker for pork and pineapple.
- It’s not something I write about on the blog, but I often struggle with staying positive in my day-to-day life. I’m always open to learning new tools to help, and found this article on changing your “mood set point” to have some thoughtful tips.
- Not exactly my normal style, but I absolutely love the idea of this DIY Knot Pillow – it’s so cute!
- I’m always interested in more cookbook suggestions.
- We all need more food-related pieces of attire in our lives – like this tunic.
- After re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the umpteenth time (one of my all-time fav shows), this fake cartoon trailer popped up in my Facebook feed the other day – if only it were real.
- A local artist friend started up her own t-shirt fundraiser in support of reproductive rights and Planned Parenthood – check out the awesome design she created!
- Oh – and apparently today (thanks to one my fictional heroes, Leslie Knope) is Galentine’s Day! I should have known this, and won’t forget in the future.
That’s it for today!
PS – The image above is one I took in early January as I sipped some morning tea. That’s the view from our front balcony, but pictures really don’t do it justice.