Welcome to Thymeline – a monthly feature to share recipe suggestions, interesting reads, and other updates to check out from across the web.
[Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I believe in and all thoughts and opinions are my own.]
I know, it’s been a little while.
This summer has been a little crazy, what with buying our first house (yay!) and all the stress that comes with moving and settling in, coupled with the general challenges of 2020’s new Covid-19 reality. Because of all this, I’ve had to divert my focus from the blog for a bit. If I’m honest, its been a little hard over here. Every major appliance or furniture delivery has had some complication, and most recently, a series of unfortunate events have left me without an oven since early August. This was a major set-back, and as soon as I recovered from the initial stress of having to completely revise my recipe plans for the foreseeable future (there was a lot of baking involved), I was struck with nerve pain that has been keeping me from sitting at a computer, let alone walking around and taking photos. I’m hoping as I type this that I’m on the mend, and I have lots of slow cooker, pressure cooker, and air fryer recipes in the works for you soon. Here’s to hoping!
But enough about me. Let’s take a look at some of the interesting things going on out there in the world of food and drink.
News & Inspiration:
- Yet another reason to learn to make your own homemade jams: LA’s famous Sqirl cafe makes excuses for mold on its expensive gourmet jams. Or you can check out this awesome list of black-owned jam makers to support if you are suffering from the current canning lid shortage.
- Going dry or just trying to cut back? Non-alcoholic cocktails are all the rage right now! Julia Bainbridge talks about the latest contribution to the scene with her new book, Good Drinks.
- Fall 2020 is bringing some beautiful cookbooks to the market – Just in time for my birthday in November (hint, hint).
- I’m seriously craving this homemade orange chicken – maybe I can figure out an air fryer version….
- I whipped up a batch of pina colada sangria this weekend and it was a hit.
- Whipped ricotta? Pineapple? TOAST?? Sign me up for this breakfast.
- Without an oven, making my own FODMAP friendly marinara sauce has been off the table, but thankfully Fody Foods is making a jar marinara sauce I can safely eat! Thank goodness, because I am obsessed with making mini pizzas in my air fryer.
- Not a recipe, but if you are a pumpkin spice aficionado like me, I urge you to pick up Bones Coffee’s Jacked O Lantern blend. With strong notes of cinnamon, cloves, and everything nice, this medium blend has stolen my fall-weather heart.
Books On My Coffee Table:
- Sour Grapes (2016) – an American crime documentary on the wine fraudster Rudy Kurniawan (currently on Netflix)
- Lucifer – After years of Sam watching the series on his own, I’m finally catching up. Despite the formulaic nature and the often cheesy dialogue, it’s been incredibly fun to watch and I love the characters.
Like what you see? Please consider contributing to Feast In Thyme on Patreon, a crowd-funding platform designed to show your support to independent artists, writers, podcasters, and more. Even the smallest donations are more than appreciated, and all monies raised goes toward supporting this website, expanding our skill sets, and – most of all – continuing to build a wonderful community around a love of every day entertaining and delicious recipes.