A small achievement, a delicious winery, and a whole pile of new links in today’s return of Thymeline!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Hi friends! Apologies that it’s been a little while since I last checked in.
In most recent news, I submitted my first Buzzfeed article last week, and on Sunday it was promoted to the Community Front Page! Not a huge thing, but it still makes me pretty happy. I love Halloween specific recipes, and if you need some ideas for your upcoming celebrations, I hope you’ll check out the round-up I pulled together – 25 Stunning Recipes for a Classy and Stylish Halloween Party!
I included my recipes for A Creepy Cheeseboard and Mini Bourbon Dark Chocolate Cakes with Matcha Pistachio Moss, alongside a number of other lovely ideas from up and coming bloggers.
A Wedding at Four Sisters Winery
Two weekends ago I had the pleasure of celebrating the marriage ceremony of two longtime friends. The setting was the Four Sisters Winery in Belvidere, New Jersey. Both the wedding and the scenery were beautiful! Amid setting things up and making sure everything was prepared and ready, Sam and I had the chance to partake in a tasting of their vast selection of wines. Everything was delicious! I’m more a liquor girl these days, but we still left with four bottles of our favorites, and limiting ourselves was not an easy task. This was certainly no surprise – my friend has fantastic taste – but it was a pleasure. If you like sweeter wines, it’s definitely a place to check out.
My Current Obsessions:
Currently Watching: Mindhunter on Netflix – If you like true crime and the history of psychological profiling, you should check it out.
Currently Reading: Cherry Bombe: The Cookbook by Kerry Diamond and Claudia Wu
Currently Listening: The Cracked Movie Club Podcast with Abe Epperson and Tom Reimann
Currently Eating: A variation on my stuffed acorn squash recipe – perfect time of year for it!
And now, some links!
- I might be a little bias, but I have to agree that the momo is the greatest dumpling of all.
- Are you a noodle addict like me? If so, you’ll love to learn these ramen and soba techniques from the masters.
- Binging with Babish makes cooking a Beef Wellington look easy (and unsurprisingly delicious).
- A few dinner ideas:
- An incredibly mouthwatering Chilli Chicken
- A quick Mushroom & Leek Pizza from scratch
- An indulgent Four Cheese Beer Mac & Cheese
- A decadent date night dinner of Risotto with Peas, Mascarpone, Mint, and Prosciutto
- And for your sweet tooth? How about a homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte, some Mini Carrot Bundt Cakes, or a batch of these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Curious about what the future of food might look like? Here are 8 Essential Books to make you think, both fiction and non-fiction (And no, I’m not just sharing this because they include Back to the Future II photo!).
Until next time, cheers!