Fancy-looking simple dinners, a busy week of food production, and some seriously beautiful recipe links in this edition of Thymeline!
[Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. I recommend products because I find them helpful or interesting, and as always all thoughts and opinions are my own.]
As I sat down to write this post, I realized it’s been one of those weeks where I’ve made so much food, but just haven’t taken much in the way of photos. I think I just needed to cook for myself for a bit, you know? I love getting posts together, but sometimes the extra work of getting photos of everything as I go adds just so many more steps. It’s nice to be able to make things quick and efficiently sometimes.
I was pretty productive though. I’ve made a big batch of bourbon apricot jam, invented a new picnic pie with apricot rosemary chicken, finished testing these Milk Chocolate Chip S’more Cookies, and even made a batch of Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies (using this Honey Rum Strawberry Jam). Oh, and I whipped up a simple but delicious meal for Sam’s birthday dinner – prosciutto-wrapped salmon with sides of pearl couscous and spinach. It was so good that I might need to get the recipe up on the blog at some point. It’s a perfectly simple date-night in meal.
Oh! And here are the agave-sweetened bread and butter pickles I made last month for the FIJ Mastery Challenge, but never got around to posting about. I made two versions, one standard and one seasoned as what the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving calls “British-style”. I’m excited to see which I enjoy more.
I also had the chance to catch up on a lot of the blogs and recipe websites I follow. It’s amazing what people are putting out there. I hope I can contribute even a fraction of that creativity in this space, and love sharing what I find with you.
On that vein, here are my latest favorites from around the web:
- Both of these recipes for Chicken Scallopini with Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille and Easy Chicken Piccata would make delicious dinners for date nights at home.
- Or go casual with these yummy Baked Coconut Crusted Fish Tacos!
- Grilled Summer Corn Chowder is everything I love about the season.
- I can’t get over how lovely these Plum Blueberry Handpies with Lavender Crust look.
- I’d like to a freezer full of these homemade Somoas Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- I love a classic Old Fashioned, but this upgraded version totally looks worth a try.
- A cute blowfish mug + a vintage-style dress is a combo that comes straight from my tiki party dreams!
Thank you for coming by and for all the support. I’ll leave you with this beautiful horse I spotted. Cheers!