Rushing to complete summer bucket lists and making lots of apricot jam in this short little edition of Thymeline.
It’s completely cliché, but I honestly and truly cannot believe it’s already August. There are so many beach days I still need to fit in! I haven’t even gotten to have a full beach picnic yet this year.
Four more weeks left for us all to complete our summer bucket lists – how are you doing? I’m going to be honest and say I’m behind, but hopefully I can catch up a bit. One thing was to make apricot jam this month. Last year, the season was short and I only made two small batches. Of course, Sam discovered it was his favorite type of jam, so this year I’m stocking up. Last week, I made a tried and true staple recipe for apricot rosemary (like the one used in this pork loin recipe). This week, we’ll try for something a little different. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Oh, and did you notice that lovely bowl holding the apricots? It came to me as a gift courtesy of Maglyn’s Dream, a shop in New Paltz, New York that specializes in handmade artisan gifts from local and North American artists. This particular piece was made by Rachel with Deep Earth Pottery. I absolutely love it and expect to use it often in my food photography!
Now with expediency in mind, let’s jump right into the links!
- I might need to work my way through this list of 15 whiskey cocktail recipes – I’m especially eyeing the Trouble In Paradise.
- These recipes for a Whole30 Egg Roll in a Bowl and Szechuan Chicken Lettuce Wraps sounds like great weeknight meals!
- When Gordon Ramsey suggests a dessert, it’s hard to resist – this Apricot and Frangipane Tart is no exception.
- And speaking of sweet things, these Dark Chocolate Cherry S’mores are droolworthy.
- If, like me, you are never sure which ones to use, you might also find this article on cocktail bitters super helpful!
- Anyone for a tour of the best ice cream treats in Philadelphia?
Good luck on your summer bucket lists – Cheers!