It’s a special edition of Thymeline – I’m reporting in from Utah!
Knowing my schedule would possibly be all over the place this week, I decided to switch things up and posted a cocktail recipe on Monday instead of the usual Thymeline post. Sam is competing in the USA National Championships for fencing in Salt Lake City and I’m here to cheer him on. We also have family out here to visit with, which is a great coincidence. Of course, I have hopes of indulging in the local food scene and getting a first hand look at the incredibly particular state liquor laws while I’m here, but for now the focus is settling in and the tournament. Not much to report yet, but I’m sure I’ll be posting up any interesting finds on the @FeastInThyme Instagram if you want to follow my adventures!
On the home front, I made some really interesting cherry rosemary preserves last weekend (hence the cover photo). They’ll go beautifully with cheese or as a marinade for something roasted in the oven. I’m thinking a sheet-pan chicken thigh recipe might be in their future. We’ll see.
Anyway, that’s all I have for now. Without further ado, the links!
- Last week was #popsicleweek! I offered up my Mint Coffee Coconut Cream Popsicles, and it was so much fun to be a part of the event this year. While all the recipes are incredible, a few of my favorites are Whiskey Cold Brew and Black Walnut Bitters, Chocolate Rosemary Caramel Swirl, and Mint and Chocolate Chip.
- I have a friend that would just die for these Frosted Cactus Cupcakes – How cute!
- Loving these ideas for camp meals from Shutterbean
- These recipes for a Gin-Soaked Cherry Crostata and this Peanut Butter Bushwacker are calling my name.
- Epicurious pulled together a list of the 100 Greatest Home Cooks of All-Time, and it’s full of some seriously inspiring people.
- I definitely have to give some of these upscale canned cocktails a thorough review of my own.
- The Saveur Food Blog Awards Nomination form is up! Nominate all of your favorites!
- Pusheen knows how to diet.