In these weird and turbulent times, I’ve decided to resurrect an old feature on Feast In Thyme – Thymeline! See below for recipe suggestions, interesting reads, and other updates to check out this month.
[Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I believe in and all thoughts and opinions are my own.]
News & Inspiration:
- Distilleries are stepping up and using their facilities to make hand sanitizer – how awesome is that?
- ServSafe is offering free courses and assessment for food handlers on their website. If you are in the industry, now is a good time to get the training.
- Check out these spirit-focused and cocktail cookbooks coming out this spring.
- I didn’t know Ina Garten was my kind of lady, but her how-to on happy hour has me rethinking that.
- I’m doing a lot of crochet projects while being home, so I found this article on yarn craft ideas really helpful. I’m currently working on a set of cotton place mats, but I might switch to a cocoon sweater soon for a change of pace.
- Did you know you can “hard boil” eggs in the oven? Easiest (and most perfect) hard boiled eggs I’ve ever made.
- Loving crispy chickpeas on everything right now.
- This homemade mac & cheese is comfort food perfection.
- An absolutely beautiful Rosemary Lemon Vodka Fizz cocktail from Vintage Kitty.
- Trying to eat healthy is hard under normal circumstances. To keep myself from noshing junk food on those days I need an easy meal, I’ve been keeping pre-made soups and harvest bowls from Daily Harvest in my freezer. It’s really helped me keep on track while being stuck in the house.
Use code RE-8R4T39B for $25 off your first Daily Harvest order!
Books On My Coffee Table:
- Tin Can Magic: Easy, Delicious Recipes Using Pantry Staples by Jessica Dennison
- Eating in the Middle: A Mostly Wholesome Cookbook by Andie Mitchell
- The Bloody Chamber And Other Stories by Angela Carter
- Alternating between rewatching Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix) and 30 Rock (Prime), but I paused both to binge all of Tiger King this weekend. Worth it.