It’s the first day of May and there are so many holidays to celebrate this month! A quick preview and the usual links in today’s edition of Thymeline.
I honestly cannot believe it’s already May. Where is this year going so quickly?
May brings us Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, and Memorial Day – lots of things we can celebrate with delicious food and fancy drinks! From the images in this post, you can see one of the recipes I have planned is a cocktail with real strawberry puree – pretty fantastic, I promise. It’s also National Barbecue Month, so expect a number of related recipes over the coming weeks.
In the meantime, here are some delicious and geeky links for you to enjoy:
- The Dark and Stormy has long been a go-to drink for me – I love spiced rum, and mixing it with ginger beer feels a little more elevated than making a simple rum and Coke. This Dark and Stormy Float from Allergy Girl Eats take the flavors to the next level with the addition of vanilla (or coconut!) ice cream – perfect for warm weather!
- Lightly fried tofu is terribly addictive, so I’m crazy for this simple snack of Fried Tofu with Chimichurri Dipping Sauce.
- If Tamworth Distilling’s new Flora Gin didn’t sound nice enough, check out this Flora Collins.
- I love learning about the history of bar etiquette and it’s evolution.
- Here are this year’s winners of the James Beard Awards!
- Jeff Goldblum has a food truck – and he looks so happy!
- I might need to explore ancient Roman cuisine through Crystal King’s new novel, Feast of Sorrow.
- Probably no surprise, but I’m a huge geek for the Aliens franchise, and I’m crazy for the new limited-edition Reebok sneakers that were just announced! For something a little more accessible, check out this adorable ice cream and xenomorph t-shirt.