I’ve had an unusually busy weekend! First, a friend I haven’t seen in a while came over and helped me with a new spring pasta recipe. It was delicious, and even vegetarian – which I know I don’t often feature on this site. It was great spending time with her.
Here’s a sneak peek:
Then, being the nerd that I am, a few friends and I started a new tabletop campaign on Sunday, and played for something like eight or nine hours. I haven’t played Dungeons & Dragons since college I think, so I’m incredibly rusty, but it was a lot of fun hanging out and playing a silly game together. I’m looking forward to making this a regular occurrence. Also, aren’t the hot peppers on this pizza kind of ridiculous? Like, the pizza was good, but these were sort of overkill I think:
Other than that, it looks like we can expect some more snow tomorrow here in the northeast. I’m hearing rumors of a snowpocalypse, but I’m hoping reports are exaggerated. This cover image was of the snow last week – I’d be happy if we don’t see much more than that honestly. After all, it’s already March. Time for spring to be here already. Either way, I’ll spend the next few days cooking and using up the produce I have in my fridge (and trying out my new KitchenAid Spiralizer!).
As I wait to see what the weather brings, here are some links I’ve enjoyed over the last week:
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls sound heavenly.
- I love the idea of using natural dyes for Easter Eggs!
- Lucky Peach addresses the kitchen safety controversy – To wash your raw chicken, or not?
- I love the concept behind the Eat Offbeat Cookbook – check out their Kickstarter!
- Do you Bullet Journal? If so, Tracy Benjamin has some great supplies for you to check out. I adopted some of the practices nearly a year ago, and it really helps keep me organized. I just had to buy a new journal since mine is nearly full (this one to be exact).
- The IACP Cookbook awards are up! Did any of your favorites make it?
- I’m cooking this Blueberry Barbeque Chicken from Vivian Howard’s Deep Run Roots for dinner tonight. Everyone in the Food52 Cookbook Club has been raving about it.
If you are caught in the snowstorm, stay safe and warm. Cheers!