Fizzy, bright, & not too sweet, the Ginger Jungle Bird is a festive sparkling cocktail perfect for celebrating any occasion! Enjoy a touch of the tropics all year long.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Is there anything better than a tropical drink to brighten up a wintry day? I certainly don’t think so.
In the middle of winter, nothing cheers me up quite like a pretty Tiki drink made with pineapple, citrus, and dark rum. It reminds me of beaches and warm summer vacations. This is where a bright and fizzy Ginger Jungle Bird fits right in.
Ginger Jungle Bird
Like the traditional Jungle Bird, this cocktail gets its vibrant hue from a dose of crimson red Campari mixed with sweet yellow pineapple juice. The addition of the bitter amaro creates a well-balanced flavor profile that isn’t too sweet, allowing the cocktail to have broad appeal among your guests. For a festive twist, this Ginger Jungle Bird is topped with a bit of high quality ginger beer, giving it a bit of spice and bubbly fizz that’s perfect for this time of year.
Be an adventurous host and celebrate the holidays with something a little different this winter!
Setting the Holiday Mood
Looking to re-create the look of this pretty Ginger Jungle Bird at home? Here are some supplies you might need:
- A hand-made gold garland from Ten Thousand Villages.
- A set of lovely champagne flutes, like these glasses with gold confetti or these simple stemless flutes.
- Bamboo picks for garnishes
- A few bottles of Fever Tree Ginger Beer
Bubbles & Fizzy Drinks for the New Year
For more sparkling drink alternatives to classic champagne, I have some suggestions, both from my own recipes and the recipes of my blogger friends:
For sparkling wine aficionados who want a bit of a twist:
- Ombre Hibiscus Prosecco Cocktail
- Sparkling Strawberry Martinis
- Honey Roasted Pear Sparkling Cocktails & Mocktails
- Meyer Lemon French 75
For the adventurous hosts who want something completely different:
Ginger Jungle Bird Sparkling Cocktail
- 2 ounces rum
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce Campari
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 3-4 ounces ginger beer
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Fresh pineapple wedges and leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Combine rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, Campari, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with 2-3 ice cubes. Shake until nice and frosty. Pour into two champagne flutes or coupe glasses and top each with 1-2 ounces of ginger beer. Garnish with pineapple wedges and leaves. Serve chilled and sparkling.