Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls [Copycat Recipe]
Baked or fried, delicious bite-sized pepperoni pizza rolls are an easy snack to make at home for any party occasion!
Servings 30 pizza rolls
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup thin sliced pepperoni, diced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil (if frying)
Prepare a workstation, lining up the ingredients: tomato sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, salt, then water. Place the wonton wrappers in front of you, and pull one aside to start, orienting it so that the point of the square is towards you, like a diamond.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, if baking.
Fill and Fold the Pizza Rolls:
Spoon about a quarter teaspoon of sauce in the center of the wrapper. Top with a few pieces of diced pepperoni and mozzarella, and a pinch of salt. The filling should take up about the same amount of space as a quarter.
Using your finger, dampen the edges of the wrapper with a bit of water – this will help create a seal. Fold the wrapper up and over the filling like an envelope:
1) Fold the bottom corner nearest you up and over the filling;
2) Fold each of the side corner in towards the center, over the bottom flap. The wrapper should now look like an open envelope;
3) Taking the edge closest to you, roll the entire packet forward. Set the pizza rolls seam-side down on a platter. Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
To Fry the Pizza Rolls:
Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the pizza rolls to the oil in batches, frying them 3-5 minutes on each side, until the wrappers are golden and slightly bubble. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Continue until all are cooked through.
Serve as soon as the pizza rolls are cool enough to handle.
To Store for Later:
Allow the pizza rolls to come to room temperature, and then arrange them on a fresh baking sheet. Place the sheet into the freezer for 2-4 hours, until the rolls are completely frozen. Transfer to a freezer safe bag and store for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, reheat in the oven as described above.
Serving: 6pizza rolls (approx.) | Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 1479mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3.4mg