The Hurricane Cocktail
Rediscover a classic New Orleans cocktail with this delicious homemade Hurricane, full of real fruit juices, Jamaican rum, and terrific tropical flavors.
Servings 1 drink
- 2 ounces passion fruit syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces Appleton Estate Signature Blend Aged Rum
- 1 ounce Wray & Nephew White Overproof Rum
- 1 ounce authentic grenadine (see notes)
- 1 ounce blood orange juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
Homemade Grenadine: You can buy real grenadine at the store or online, or you can make it at home in the same amount of time it takes to make your own simple syrup from scratch. Just combine ¼ cup sugar with 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Let it reduce for 5 minutes, add a squeeze of lemon juice (about 1 tablespoon), and funnel into a bottle once cooled. It should last you 3-4 weeks in the fridge.