Bring your fictional universes & otherworldly cultures to life with mouthwatering food, memorable meals, & festive feasts!
Feast In Thyme is pleased to offer a new type of consultation service to fiction writers, game developers, and anyone engaged in creative world building: Fictional Food Consultation & Development.
Food is an essential part of immersive world building, woven into every aspect of culture from religion to politics. Popular culture is full of examples in which fictional food has captivated audiences. We see it in the candies of Harry Potter, the unique cuisines in Game of Thrones, multi-colored milk and self-rising bread in Star Wars, and even the complex dietary schedule of Tolkien’s Hobbits, to name a few. Descriptive portrayals of what characters eat and drink add whole new dimensions to the cultures you create. Feast In Thyme is looking to collaborate with writers & game designers to develop this kind of imaginative culinary fare, perfectly fit to your fictional setting.
We offer a wide variety of consultation and development services that can be tailored to your project needs and available budget, including:
- Background research into real-world culinary histories.
- Consultation in developing nuanced cultural practices and unique cuisine styles specific to the fictional cultures, holidays, and class structures of your project.
- Recipe development and content creation to enhance the immersion of your players in a live-action or tabletop gaming experience.
- As a professional event planner and recipe developer, Kristen Roberts is well-versed in hospitality and specifically in the marketing of the right recipes to the right audiences.
- With academic training and an advanced degree in history and religious studies, she understands the importance cuisine holds in the cultures and hierarchies of the real world. Kristen studies culinary history and the nuances of human practices, which can help you realistically weave food into your fictional religions, rituals, and environments.
- Finally, as a longtime gamer with over a decade of experience in live action role-playing, storytelling, logistics, and various staff roles, Kristen can bring a unique perspective to your tabletop and live action gaming experience that will involve your players in new and interesting ways.
Engage your audience by realistically incorporating this essential touchstone into your world building. Popular culture has demonstrated that food is just as important to our imaginary worlds as to our real one, and we want to help you bring your creation to life.
If you are interested in discussing a possible collaboration, contact Kristen Roberts by email at FeastInThyme@gmail.com to set up your free half-hour consultation session. We want to hear about your project!