A trip to the local zoo, a preview of this month’s menu theme, and a new espresso drink to try!
What a fantastic weekend.
Sam and I hosted a pair of wonderful ladies for delicious food and a trip to the local Brandywine Zoo to spend some time with adorable animals. It was a little cool and rainy, but we saw red pandas, river otters, a swift fox (my favorite), and some gorgeous birds. We also chatted up the education staff and learned about this great organization. Oh, and we got to pet very cuddly African pygmy goats!
Please forgive my blurry photos:
The day prior, I pulled together a little Caribbean Fete for us to enjoy (and photograph). I’ll be sharing the themed recipes later this month, and I’m delighted to say every dish was a success. I’m very happy to have leftovers of all the components for another meal. Look at these ribs!
Now don’t forget – Mother’s Day is next weekend. In honor of the event, I’ll have some brunch recipes to share later this week – all of them inspired by my mom. Hope you like them!
On to the links:
- Have you seen the new Starbucks Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino? I am pleased to report that it tasted like dark chocolate thin mints in a cup. I was on the go and didn’t get a photo, but seriously – probably one of the best espresso drinks I’ve ever had. Loved it.
- The Food In Jars Mastery Challenge for May is Cold Pack Canning – I took a break last month, but I definitely need to get back in the game and preserve something this month. Maybe some of these plums in honey?
- A beautiful way to frost a unicorn cake.
- Great tips for staying on top of Instagram.
- An adorable DIY Green Foliage sign for events.
- A bit of history in this exploration of speakeasies in Pittsburgh.
- This Oven Fried Sweet Tea Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is the stuff of my dreams.
- I also wouldn’t mind this French Bread Pizza topped with pineapple and a rum cheese sauce.
- And these Crispy Mexican Chicken Wings with a tequila-margarita sauce? Yum. (My obsession with liquor in savory dishes is showing).
That’s all for today. Cheers!